Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Sunday, June 9, 2013
Diabetes (type 1)
Diabetes, by itself, does NOT affect the ph of blood..
The KETONES can make your blood acidic, thus destroying the rest of your body.Your liver, kidney, heart, and brain is damaged by these ketones and the resulting "acidic blood".
Like acid eating into marble, acidosis erodes and eats into cell wall membranes of the heart, arteries and veins, weakening cardiovascular structures and inter connective
A handful of Kale
A handful of Spinach
2 Broccoli heads
A handful of Lettuce
1/2 clove Garlic
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
A little water to the texture you like
All you have to do is blend it all up! Start by blending the avocado, cucumber and lemon juice to form a mushy paste, then start adding the other ingredients.
You can blend in a little ice if you prefer it chilled, or add a little chilli if you like it HOT HOT HOT!
This will fill you up for hours.
OPTIONAL: if you find it all to veggie when you first start alkalizing, you can blend in a little fruit of your choice to sweeten it up or add some capsicum (pepper) for sweetness.
Friday, June 7, 2013
Avocado Lime Alkalizing Smoothie
½ cup lime juice
1 tbsp almond milk
½ tbsp raw sugar
1 scoop of Ultimate GreenZone
Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Remove the contents with a spoon and put in a blender. Add some lime juice, the milk and raw sugar. Blend to a smooth and creamy drink.
Depending on the amount of avocado you use in proportion to milk, the smoothie gets more or less creamy. If you use a lot of avocado you can eat the smoothie with a spoon. Use more milk if you want to drink it easily. The healthy fat in the avocado is filling and tasty.
Thursday, June 6, 2013
(recipe adapted from Kalyn's Kitchen)
6-7 medium zucchini or yellow summer squash
2 Tb olive oil
2 Tb minced garlic
2 tsp dried thyme
2/3 C light sour cream
1 C crumbled feta cheese
1/2 C fresh parmesan cheese
2 Tb lemon juice
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a large casserole dish with nonstick spray.
2. Slice the squash into 1/4" slices. If they are larger squash, cut them down the middle before slicing. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the squash, garlic and thyme. Saute and stir just until the squash is starting to soften slightly. Don't cook too long or it will be mushy after it bakes in the oven. Remove from the heat.
3. Beat together the eggs, sour cream, cheeses and lemon juice in a medium sized bowl. Place half of the squash into the bottom of the casserole. Sprinkle on some salt and pepper (remember the cheeses are salty!) then spread 1/2 of the egg mixture over the top. Repeat with remaining squash and egg mixture.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the mixture is bubbling and slightly set. Serve hot.
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Higher Healing Herbal Institute's NEW weekly radio broadcast: "Habits of Health"
We will give you resources and instruction for developing your
"Habits of Health"
You will learn how to restore your health, lose weight, sleep better and feel great!
Tune in every Wednesday at 6pm (est) to the Higher Healing Herbal Institute "Habits of Health" broadcast, you will be glad you did!
Your Call In # 646-929-1019
This Weeks Topic: pH Balancing your body for Health!
Visit us online to schedule your Natural Health Consultation! HigherHealingHerbals.com
Skype Consults are Available!
Skype Me @ HigherHealing
Thursday, May 23, 2013
- Provides energy
- Boosts strength
- Bolsters endurance
- Levels blood sugar
- Induces weight loss
- Aids intestinal regularity